To provide functional 3PL Logistics and Trans-Loading operations, outsourcing the yard and security gate through Yard Management Systems is the correct way to do it.
3PL Logistics and Trans-Loading Operations
Many retail, wholesale and manufacturing distribution companies are outsourcing the yard and security gate functions to 3PL Logistics and Trans-Loading operators. These 3PLs provide added value through their ability to bring improved efficiency and reduced costs to yard functions that are outside the core competency of their client customers. 3PL success managing these functions necessitates a strategic partnership between the 3PL and a solutions company that will provide real-time visibility of transactions and data. The Exotrac Real Time Yard Management System (YMS) provides a cloud-based software system to manage data and transactions in support of the 3PL operator. Exotrac provides added value and a focal point of enhanced control for the 3PL by ensuring real-time visibility of all data and transactions within the yard and security gate operations. Exotrac seamlessly connects the client company’s legacy systems (ERP, OMS and TMS) with the 3PL, creating a focal point to command and control yard and security gate functionality, achieving high level efficiency and accountability. Read More
- Yard and security gate systems that enable higher efficiency and reduced costs.
- Improved control of carriers’ trailer and container pools on site.
- A carrier management system facilitating pre-departure, improving overall carrier efficiency.
- Enhanced gate and fence line security.
- Visibility, status and condition of all trailers and containers within the 3PL campus.
- Yard and security gate management “features and benefits" that become part of the added value proposition for their clients, enhancing the revenue stream.
- A yard and security gate operation that provides actionable real-time visibility of all transactions to carriers, customers, client’s customers, suppliers, vendors and all levels of management.
- Reduced fuel consumption of both company-owned and yard tractor fleet.
- Return on investment delivered in months rather than years.
- No impact to the capital budget.
- Better utilization of yard, gate and 3PL campus personnel - driving down labor expense.
- Increased trailer turn rate by pre-planning door and yard moves to optimize staffing and proximity.
- An enhanced ability to trans-load and cross-dock effectively through application of FIFO (first-in-first-out) rules in combination with predetermined WMS sequencing plan.
- Reduced overall handling costs.
- Better yard and security gate utilization, reducing square footage needed to stage trailers.
- Improved client speed-to-market.
- Cloud-based technology that provides the ultimate in flexibility requiring little or no 3PL or client customer corporate IT involvement.
- A significant reduction of detention and demurrage fees. Read More
- On demand dispatch move functionality for Yard Jockey operations.
- FIFO (first-in-first-out) prioritization.
- Know when orders are processed in real-time, improving compliance and inventory management.
- Manage any type of shipment or load type including: prepaid, collect, LTL, TL, Container and parcel with exception tracking and reporting.
- Expandable software design allows optimization of single or multiple site operations.
- Seamless transition with corporate legacy systems, ERP, WMS, TMS and vendor supplier systems.
- Real-time visibility of all assets, locations and transactions - 24/7/365.
- Current processes are analyzed and reengineered to ensure optimum efficiency. Read More